Welcome from the Chair of the Governing Body
It is a great privilege and honour to be the chair of the Governing Body of Eden Boys’ School Birmingham.
Governors have a responsibility to parents, students and the community as a whole to ensure that the school is managed and run in such a manner as to achieve the best educational results and pastoral care for all students of all abilities. The day-to-day management is the responsibility of the Principal and her staff. Governors have an important part to play in raising school standards through their three key roles of setting strategic direction, ensuring accountability and monitoring and evaluating school performance. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Ensuring that high standards of education are achieved
- Ensuring that there is target-setting for student achievement
- General responsibility for the conduct of the school in strategic terms
- Oversight of the management of the budget
- Ensuring that the school curriculum meets the needs of all learners and that the National Curriculum is taught
- Participating in appeals
- Participating in staff appointments
- Drawing up Action Plans following OFSTED inspections
As Governors we meet every month for either a full Governors Meeting or sub-dividing into committees. Members of the Senior Leadership Team take an active part in these meetings, bringing an essential ingredient to ensure excellent working relationships and collaboration within the school.
I hope to work with you in creating a school that will offer educational excellence, underpinned by an inclusive faith ethos, not only through the academic curriculum but also through its Leadership specialism. Together with the Principal and staff, our key aim is to ensure that we educate the whole student, equipping them to play a constructive part in the local community and beyond.
Eden Boys’ School, Birmingham faces a wide variety of exciting new challenges. I have no doubt that the combined experience, skills and knowledge of our governing body, leadership team and staff will ensure we offer the very best to all the members of the school community.
Chair of Governors